Farwell Letter by Rachel Matheson Murphy


Karina, with your contagious smile and laugh. You made our group brighter, and your passion for the Mallee Region is inspiring. Good luck with your wedding and I hope you have the best day!

Phoebe, your kindness shows in all you do. You’re an editor, through and through. I’m so happy that you have found a home in Mildura!

Shivaun, the quiet and brilliant pocket rocket of the group. Our group would not have been the same without you. By the way, your son is just the cutest!

Rebecca, your hair in plaits, shawl, and big smile is how I’ll always remember you. Your writing on Les Murray was truly enlightening. Continue to let your gentle spirit set you apart.

Kate, your story of finally making your writing a priority was so uplifting. I hope you succeed in creating brilliant poems about the Mallee region.

Sue, your passion for teaching us Writers in Action is just inspiring. I hope to find something I enjoy doing, just as much as you enjoyed teaching us.

Gail, your eloquence and poise is something I could never imitate. I am halfway through A Guide to Berlin and I love it!

Kerry, your unassuming humour had the whole room in a fit. If ever I become as successful as you, I hope I can emulate your humility.  

Helen, I had no idea a writer could be so effortlessly cool. I loved how you spoke about writing morning and night. Please continue to document amazing moments of humanity, like the women with the towels in A House of Grief.

Natalie, you are so bold and courageous to write what you do. Fierce and empowering are you!

Though this letter addresses but a few of you, I will always remember my time in Mildura being made brighter for having met you all. 


Sincerely,
Rachel Matheson Murphy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mildura's New Loving Tree (Media Release) by Rachel Matheson Murphy

A Guide to Mildura by Rachel Matheson Murphy